click to view datasheet
click to view
iStart is an electronic single phase AC motor soft-starter designed for Permanent Split Capacitor (PSC) motors of up to 4.5kW (6HP) output (ie motors typically used in HVAC, pool, etc, applications).
Its primary purpose is to reduce the current drawn by the PSC motor at start-up to below 45 Amps (a regulatory requirement in Australia). It also helps reduce motor wear and tear, particularly in areas with poor power quality (eg where varying voltages and under-voltage issues may cause damage to attached devices).
iStart helps lower power consumption at start-up, reduce acoustic noise and significantly lower effects such as ‘light flicker’ when a motor starts. It also features ‘under-voltage’ protection, which disables the attached motor in the event of mains power outages, power ‘brown-outs’, or hardware failure.
The overall result is superior motor protection, greater reliability of services and extended motor life. With iStart having proved itself extraordinarily reliable in the field, it represents excellent value for money.
- Low cost, high reliability
- Simple and inexpensive to install
- Maintenance free
- 'Under voltage' protection for AC motors
- 'Random-restart-time' feature ensures multiple starters in same circuit restart at random times after a power brown-out/black-out
- Complies with Australian '45 Amp Rule'
- Airconditioning & compressor motors
- Pool pumps
- Commercial/industrial air curtain and ventilation fans
- Marine gensets
- Available off the shelf to end users or distributors
- Available rebadged or without a case/with CUSTOM case for OEMs (MOQs apply)